Mom's due home from the hospital in about an hour or so. We've prepped her room in the hope that she'll be comfortable. As she hasn't been eating or drinking in the last few days, her physicians indicate that she has about 6 or 7 days with us before she continues on her journey. I'm writing this for all of you out there who have known Stevie over the years. I hope to be able to chronicle her transition.
First of all, tish and I send a big Thank You and a long hug for your thoughts, prayers and offers of assistance, all of which are sincerely appreciated. We know that you'd like to be here to say your hellos and goodbyes, to comfort her. But the constant comings and goings of people would only serve to increase her anxiety, and we're trying to ensure she has a comfortable, tranquil environment now.
These are a few minutes of peace before life will change irreversibly for me. While I understand logically that this is the best course of action and the way that Mom wants it, emotionally I'm a wreck and just can't stop crying. It seems that if I keep busy, it isn't quite as bad...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Eric
ReplyDeleteThank you for keeping us posted about Stevie's being. I appreciate that I can be able to read how she's doing. I miss her dearly and I'm upset that it sounds like this time she will not be able to pull through like other times. I will always treasure all those moments we had together. I still see her waiting for me at the garage so I can give her a ride home as I closed up for the day. Those rides home were always pleasant. We would catch up on a lot of things. I enjoyed every conversation I had with her and all those nice stories she would tell me about her life. She truely is a great women and has lived a great life.
I miss my "grandma" and will always love her. She has had a special place in my heart since the first time I met her. Again, Thank you for keeping us posted.
My prayers are with your family, and Stevie Thank you for everything you've done!
Love
Erika